When a five-year-old boy was blinded after a regular eye exam failed to spot a retinal detachment, his father made it his life’s work to help eye care professionals by revolutionising retinal imaging. Optos was founded by Douglas Anderson with the goal to make a patient-friendly device to capture a digital ultra-widefield image of the retina. Today, millions of patients around the world have benefited from optomap® retinal imaging. You will find optomap systems in many independent High Street optometrists, as well as eye clinics at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London and Harvard Medical Center in Massachusetts.
Our core products
produce high resolution opto
map images of 82% or 200◦ of the retina, something no other imaging device is capable of in a single comfortable capture. The most recent innovation from Optos integrates ultra-widefield retinal imaging and image-guided Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT). This combined device facilitates the early detection, management and effective treatment of disorders and diseases evidenced in the retina such as retinal detachments and tears, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, and age-related macular degeneration. More than 1,000 published and ongoing clinical trials
as well as thousands of case studies and testimonials show the long-term value of opto
map imaging and OCT in diagnosis, treatment planning, and patient engagement.
Did you know, we are participating in the WAVE Exhibitor Delegate Passport Competition...
Are you taking part? You have to be in it to win it!
We are offering a E-Gift Card, valued at $100.00
- If you are a delegate at the Esplanade Hotel, then please come and visit us on our stand for a chat & to receive the sticker for your passport competition.
- If you are a delegate connecting with us virtually, then hello!
- We would love to chat to you about our products...
- Please send us a message: Go to the top and hit "Connect With Exhibitor" and ask us what you would like to know
- If you are looking for the all important Codeword for Optos, then see the link below:
Click here for our Codeword page (Access for Virtual Registrations Only)
*By entering the WAVE Exhibitor Delegate Passport Competition your name & email address will be passed to us after the event.